Monday, July 12, 2010

Preparation

Life makes me laugh sometimes. Not because it is funny, but because you always find those moments where life stinks or is confusing or something wierd or unexpected happens, but you just laugh because laughing makes you feel good and that little act of laughing can go a long way.

That was kinda off topic, but I like laughing, what can I say? Preparing for my mission has been going great. I just got back from visiting my family in Salt Lake City where I was able to visit the Dentist and Doctor for a physical. I passed both with flying colors! (thank goodness... I wouldn't want to have Terberculosis or anything odd like that) The downside... shots. *dun dun dun* I used to think I didn't mind shots, but that is probably because the last time I really had something injected into me was 10 years ago. I changed my mind. i am fine donating blood, but having a tetnus shot, and Hepatitis A and B shots flowing through my arms is not the most pleasant feeling. My right arm was the worst... it felt like a dead limb just hanging there for an hour. Ok, so I could move it, but I refrained from doing so.
On the plus side, I finished my online papers as well, so now the process has been turned over to my Bishop and I will get the special Bishop interview followed by my Stake President interview. Within weeks after that, I should recieve my call in the mail. I can't wait!!! I wonder where I will go... of coarse I want to go foreign... maybe Japan or Australia or somewhere in Europe, but I know I will go where I am needed. Yesterday I read an Ensign by Elder Ronald A. Rasband called The Divine Call of a Missionary. It was from the Priesthood session of this past General Conference and it talked about the process of deciding where the missionaries go. What really stood out to me most was when he said
"As the process began, a picture of the missionary to be assigned would come up on one of the computer screens. As each picture appeared, to me it was as if the missionary were in the room with us. Elder Eyring would then greet the missionary with his kind and endearing voice: "Good morning, Elder Reier or Sister Yang. How are you today?"”
The article also talked about when recieving revelation to where I missionary is supposed to go, the exact same mission is revealed to everyone who helps decide.
"As we were nearing the completion of that assignment meeting, a picture of a certain missionary appeared on the screen. I had the strongest prompting, the strongest of the morning, that the missionary we had before us was to be assigned to Japan. I did not know that Elder Eyring was going to ask me [if I knew] this one, but amazingly he did. I rather tentatively and humbly said to him, “Japan?” Elder Eyring responded immediately, “Yes, let’s go there.” And up on the computer screen the missions of Japan appeared. I instantly knew that the missionary was to go to the Japan Sapporo Mission.

Elder Eyring did not ask me the exact name of the mission, but he did assign that missionary to the Japan Sapporo Mission."
When I read this, the spirit confirmed in that moment that I would be sent where I was needed. The rest of the article gave me a lot of comfort and I got even more excited than ever to serve a mission! I will probably get my call in August, so if you have any guesses as to where I am going, feel free to post them. I have decided that whoever is closest will get my first letter after leaving the MTC and arriving in my mission.

Something else that I thought was quite funny was when I would tell people I have decided to go on a mission. I would start off by getting them all excited by saying I have big news. Most of them all thought I was engaged... haha... if they really knew my life, they would know I am FAR from that. And guess who several of them thought I was engaged to? Logan. It makes sense since we still love each other. He thought it was funny as well. If we wanted to be engaged, we would be, but no, we are both going on missions. And I honestly don't know if I would even want to marry him right now.
The other funny reaction which I find annoying at the same time is guys. I tell them I am going on a mission and suddenly they are interested in me. This makes no sense whatsoever. Oh well, I have made my decision, and few flattering comments and some attention will not disuade me! HA! The remaining reactions would be that of falling off a chair (Logan's mom), happy crying for me, and being so suprised they thought I was joking.

Well, that is my life. Not very interesting, but apparently I have a dozen readers that I didn't know exsisted until I found out they knew I was going on a mission because of my blog. Sorry if my life is dull, but I am really happy that some people are intersted... it means more than you know. Now if only I could get more comments! ;) well, until next time, this is Kendra saying "Don't forget to brush your teeth and say your prayers!" ... haha...

No comments:

Post a Comment